Louisiana sports betting apps recently went live, as retail betting launched in October 2021, and online wagering launched three months later in January 2022. Louisiana online sports betting is legal in 55 of the state’s 64 parishes, so there’s certainly a wide reach of availability.
Located in the heart of the south, Louisiana has a renowned history of football thanks to the SEC heavyweight LSU Tigers and the team that gave New Orleans hope after Hurricane Katrina in the New Orleans Saints. Basketball is growing in popularity too with the young upstart Pelicans forming a strong core around star Zion Williamson.
Best Louisiana Sports Betting Apps
Some of the Louisiana sports betting apps are offering new users some great welcome bonuses, and they can all be found below! Look at the best offers at BetMGM, Caesars Sportsbook, BetRivers, and DraftKings Sportsbook, along with other perks they offer.
|Sportsbook||New User Bonus||Promo Code|
|DraftKings Sportsbook Louisiana||$1,050 Deposit Bonus||Claim Offer|
|BetMGM Louisiana||$1,000 Risk-Free Bet||Claim Offer|
|Caesars Sportsbook Louisiana||$1,500 Risk-Free Bet||Claim Offer|
|BetRivers Louisiana||$250 Deposit Match Bonus||Claim Offer|
Louisiana Online Sports Betting Sites
What can Louisiana bettors expect from their favorite apps? Each and every app offers bonuses, promotions, and other unique features that make them so attractive.
BetMGM has continued to grow in popularity thanks to its favorable betting lines, solid promotions, and friendly new-user offer. The Lion’s Boost promotion is an excellent daily boost that offers boosted odds for local sports teams. Louisiana bettors might see a Lion’s Boost for the Pelicans, Tigers, or Saints.
BetMGM Louisiana has yet to claim a retail location for an in-person sportsbook. However, BetMGM has retail locations in other legal states like the Michigan sports betting market, Illinois, and others.
New bettors in Louisiana can use the BetMGM bonus code ‘OWNERSBOX‘ to claim their $1,000 risk-free bet upon registration.
Caesars Sportsbook Louisiana
Hail, Caesars! And hail to the bettors who choose Caesars Sportsbook Illinois! Sports betting apps are always trying to keep users engaged with promotions and friendly offers, but Caesars takes the user experience to a new level through its world-class rewards program that makes the bettor feel as if he’s a high-roller at one of the most illustrious casinos in the world.
Caesars Sportsbook has two retail locations, including Harrah’s New Orleans where users can place sports bets in person.
LA sports bettors can use the Caesars Sportsbook promo code ‘OWNERSBOX15‘ and get a $1,500 risk-free bet.
If you’re joining the Louisiana online sports betting market and you’re looking for standard betting lines, promotions, and an excellent live betting experience, BetRivers is the app for you. Louisiana bettors can take advantage of BetRivers’ live-betting features by streaming and wagering on the beloved LSU Tigers simultaneously.
BetRivers Louisiana owns a small market share within the state, but bettors have thoroughly enjoyed the user experience here. BetRivers is making progress around the US, however, they have found success in the Colorado online sports betting market.
New bettors in Louisiana can get a $250 deposit match bonus when they sign-up with the BetRivers promo code.
If you’re looking for consistent promotions, boosts, and a seemingly never-ending supply of different games and events on which to wager, DraftKings Louisiana is for you! The sportsbook is one of the best LA sports betting apps to download for good reason. With a modern design and one of the best navigations around, Louisiana bettors won’t spend hours fumbling around to find the bet of their choice!
DraftKings Sportsbook has a retail location for their sportsbook in Louisiana at the Golden Nugget at Lake Charles.
Barstool Sportsbook Louisiana
It’s hard to get too excited by Barstool Sportsbook, which seems to lean in too heavily on its bold and brash brand rather than putting out a quality product. That being said, Louisiana sports bettors have enjoyed the app for the main reason of the personalities that have stepped up in LA.
Barstool Mintzy and MeganMakinMoney have been huge in promoting massive bonuses at Barstool Sportsbook Louisiana. Although they haven’t mastered the product, the Barstool brand has been received well in the Louisiana online sports betting market. One area that Barstool has yet to enter is the NY online sports betting market, but with the tax structure in the Empire State, it might not make sense.
FanDuel Sportsbook Louisiana
FanDuel has a huge offering of daily promotions and odds boosts, and the interface is one of the slickest and most easy-to-use in the industry. Users who played daily fantasy sports (DFS) on FanDuel can integrate seamlessly with the sportsbook that allows users to share a common wallet, making deposits and withdrawals a breeze.
Louisiana Online Sports Betting Apps Rated
How do Louisiana’s sports betting apps compare to one another? We took the time to rate them with their best and worst features to make your choice easier. Do you favor promotions and bonuses, or are you all about the betting lines? Here’s how we rate four of the biggest sports betting apps in Louisiana.
|Sportsbook||Best Feature||Worst Feature||Rating|
|DraftKings Louisiana||Navigability, vast array of sports and betting options, excellent interface||Lackluster new-user offer and lines that are average at best||8/10|
|BetMGM Louisiana||Favorable betting lines||Poor customer service||8/10|
|Caesars Louisiana||A rewards program that’s among the best in the industry||Live betting experience||7/10|
|BetRivers Louisiana||Excellent live-betting experience with streaming integration||Lack of quality promotions, clunk and outdated interface||7/10|
Louisiana Sports Betting Promo Codes and Bonuses
Ok, so you’re ready to bet using a sports betting app. You signed up, but what’s next? What’s going to keep you coming back for more? Fortunately, your favorite sports betting apps offer plenty of incentives to return to their platform, including Louisiana sports betting promo codes and bonuses:
- Odds Boosts – Odds boosts make the odds of a single wager or parlay longer without increasing the risk. For example, a Louisiana online sportsbook might offer an odds boost on the Pelicans to cover the 5.5-point spread against the Pistons. The original odds were a standard -110, but the new boost gives you odds to take that same wager at +120.
- Parlays – Parlays combine multiple single bets into one bet with longer odds. Let’s say you want to bet on the Saints and Broncos game. You like the over on the point total of 42.5 and the Saints to cover the 2.5-point spread. Each of these bets alone is -110, so you’d have to bet $110 on each to win $100, for a maximum profit of $200 for $220 spent. Now, you combine those bets into a two-leg parlay with odds of +265. That means you can win $582 if the parlay hits, but if either of the bets fail, you lose everything. More risk, more reward.
- Risk-free bet – The Louisiana online sports betting apps love to offer risk-free bets to new users. A risk-free bet offers site credit or free bets in the amount of a new user’s first wager if that wager loses. This gives the bettor a chance to make a wager risk-free, knowing that he’ll get to wager again if he loses initially.
- Deposit match – This is a simple dollar-for-dollar promotion that sportsbooks offer frequently to new users making their first deposit.
- Free play – Sportsbooks draw users in with free-play options that can center around tentpole events or simply be offered as a daily promotion. Most often, sportsbooks provide a voucher or token for the bet amount, and users can wager at no cost with the ability to win actual prizes.
How to Sign Up at a Louisiana Sports Betting App
There’s no one-size-fits-all method to signing up for an LA sports betting app, but the same basic steps can be followed at every sportsbook to ensure a smooth process:
- Download your favorite app
- Input your biographical information such as date of birth, Social Security Number, and address
- Verify your identity if needed. This sometimes involves uploading a picture of your ID or Driver’s License.
- Create a unique username and strong password to ensure security and privacy.
- Turn location on so that the app can accurately track where you are. If it can’t verify that you’re physically in the state of Louisiana, you won’t be allowed to bet.
- Take advantage of new-user offers. Read the fine print, and know what you’re getting into first.
- Have fun and start betting!
Louisiana Online Sports Betting Rules
The Lousiana online sports betting rules enforced are pretty standard. Bettors must be physically located in the state and at least 21 years old. LA sports bettors can wager on college sports, including in-state teams like the LSU Tigers. Player props are allowed for college sports, but wagers pertaining to injuries or disciplinary actions are prohibited. However, there are areas, like the New Jersey online sports betting market, where you can’t bet on in-state college teams.
Betting on high school sports or other events in which the participants are under 18 is prohibited, and players, coaches, and referees cannot wager on games in LA sports betting markets.
Retail Sports Betting Locations in Louisiana
Louisiana’s list of retail sports betting locations isn’t as robust as other states, but that list is certainly growing, and more retail locations are currently in the works. Retail sports betting launched in October 2021, so it’s still in its infancy.
|Harrah’s New Orleans||Caesars||228 Poydras St, New Orleans, LA 70130|
|Horseshoe Casino Bossier City||Caesars||711 Horseshoe Blvd, Bossier City, LA 71111|
|Golden Nugget Lake Charles||DraftKings||2550 Golden Nugget Blvd., Lake Charles, LA 70601|
|Paragon Casino Resort and Hotel||Betfred||711 Paragon Pl, Marksville, LA 71351|
Sports Betting History in Louisiana
Louisiana online sports betting was put to a vote in November 2020 to legalize, and voters in the state overwhelmingly chose to accept it, with 55 of the state’s 64 parishes voting to allow online and retail sports betting. Two laws, SB 247 and SB 142 were passed by the Louisiana legislature and signed into law on June 20, 2021, by Governor John Bel Edwards.
Retail Louisiana sports betting launched on October 31, 2021, and online betting launched shortly thereafter on January 28, 2022. The online launch included six apps, and the state now has seven total.
What Sports Betting Sites Are Legal in Louisiana?
At the moment, there are seven legal Louisiana sports betting sites, but they’re some of the heavy-hitters in the industry, so sports bettors won’t be disappointed with the options:
- Barstool Louisiana
- BetMGM Louisiana
- BetRivers Louisiana
- Caesars Sportsbook Louisiana
- DraftKings Sportsbook Louisiana
- FanDuel Louisiana
- WynnBet Louisiana
At least five more sportsbooks are expected to launch in Louisiana in the near future, including:
- Betfred Sports
- ClutchBet Louisiana
- FOX Bet
- Golden Nugget Louisiana
- PointsBet Louisiana
Can I Bet Sports Online in Louisiana?
Yes, online sports betting is legal in Louisiana in 55 of the state’s 64 parishes. Bettors must be physically located in one of the parishes and not on tribal lands, where betting online is also prohibited. Since the LA sports betting launch the only other region to launch online sports betting was Ontario.