What is Fantasy Football with OwnersBox?
In Head-2-Head contests, users select their 10-play roster consisting of one quarterback, two running backs, two wide receivers, one tight end, one kicker, and three defensive positions. Users participate in a single-elimination brack-style contest, with prices paid out weekly and the winner taking the majority of the prize pool. Each contest will have between 2 to 16 participants, lasting from 1 to 4 weeks. Users also have the option of participating in a live snake draft.
- Contests are available to play every day.
- Receive player news notifications after your teams are built.
- SuperFlex feature in Tournament contests.
How To Play Fantasy Football
Choose Your Contest.
Select either Tournament or Head-2-Head.
Pick your Players.
Manage Your Team, Watch and Win.
Live alerts and player stats help you stay on top of your contest.
What is a Head-To-Head Fantasy Football League?
There are two main contest types in fantasy NFL leagues, Head-2-Head contests, and Tournament Salary Cap. With Head-2-Head matchups, users get to draft their team and compete over a 7-day period. Competitions are bracket-style and rosters are selected through a Snake Draft. This means the order of who picks/drafts is reversed each round. For example, Round 1 will have the draft order as User 1, User 2, User 3, User 4. And Round 2 will have the draft order as User 4, User 3, User 2, User 1.
The matchup types include:
Two people compete over the course of 7 days, with the winner taking the prize pool.
Four people compete in a Head-2-Head bracket-style contest, each for 7 days. The two winners move to the next round and play the following week.
Eight people compete over a 7 day period. The winners move on to the next round and play each other, until the completion of the contest. In total, eight team contests take three weeks from start to finish.
Sixteen people compete over the course of 7 days. The winners move on to the next round and play each other until the completion of the contest.
- Quarterback – 1 game opportunities
- Running Back – 2 game opportunities
- Wide Receiver – 2 game opportunities
- Tight End – 1 game opportunities
- Kicker – 1 game opportunities
- Defense – 3 game opportunities
What is a Tournament Contest?
A Tournament contest with OwnersBox enables users to compete over 7-days and enter multiple entries. When you sign up for a Tournament contest, the first step is choosing your 9 players from the player list within the $50,000 salary cap. Any swaps need to be completed prior to the start of the scheduled game.
How To Draft Fantasy Football
2 running backs
2 wide receivers
1 tight end
2 flex (running back, wide receiver, tight end)
1 super flex (quarterback, running back, wide receiver, tight end)
2 running backs
2 wide receivers
1 tight end
3 defensive positions
How Does Fantasy Football Scoring Work?
Your total fantasy points are an accumulation of your player’s fantasy points from the games they played. If there is a tie, the total prizes are split between the two winners.
Your total fantasy points are an accumulation of your player’s fantasy points from the games they played. A randomizer is used at the end of each draft to determine who you will be matched up against at the first round – it will also assign a gold coin to represent who wins in the event of a tie.
Your roster accumulates points based on the below stat lines.
OwnersBox Tournament point system for the
OwnersBox Head-2-Head point system for the
(Interception and Fumble returns)
How To Manage Your Fantasy Football Team on OwnersBox
How To Win Weekly Fantasy Football
- Don’t pick players from your favorite team. Even if it’s tempting to represent your go-to team, fantasy football is about selecting the best players in the field per position.
- Do your research. Spend time familiarizing yourself with the season’s players (including the pre-season).
- Know the rules of the contests. Tournament-style contests and Head-2-Head contests are different in some significant ways (including the salary caps), so it’s always a good idea to familiarize yourself with the rules.
- Add players to your queue. It’s easy to forget this, but adding players to your queue can make a big difference on your roster in the long run for Head-2-Head contests.
Ready to Play Fantasy Football?
OwnersBox is an innovative sports-tech company disrupting the way consumers play fantasy football. We’re passionate about building a best-in-class fantasy sports platform that will provide a superior experience to millions of football fans worldwide.