Introducing Weekly Fantasy Hockey On OwnersBox
OwnersBox is excited to introduce our new weekly fantasy hockey contests live now on the platform. Contests are played over a 7-day period, and are available to play everyday.
Users can try the game for free today using Promo Code “NHL10”. Receive a free $10 entry into our salary cap games starting Tuesday, October 12. First time depositors of $10 or more and get $25 Free.
OwnersBox offers two different game types to play in.
Users will build a 10-player lineup while staying under the $200,000 salary cap. Salaries are assigned to each player with the number of games played over the 7-days indicated in the lineup builder. With this in mind, game strategy will play a role in the player selection process under this format with some players having two games played and others with four over the week. Therefore, users will have to keep an eye on the game limitations per position. Going over the limits in any position will trigger the ‘Best Ball’ feature explained below.
Accumulate the most fantasy points over 7-days and win.
Key Game Features
- Going over the game limit will automatically trigger the ‘best ball’ feature. When ‘best ball’ is active, only the best scoring games within your game opportunities will be scored, while the lowest ones are dropped.
- Users have the ability to swap players throughout the week. When swapping a player, 20% of the remaining salary from the player you’re dropping will be deducted from the available salary to be used towards a new player.
- A goalie set to backup will not consume game opportunities or salary. If they appear during a game, their fantasy points will not count.
- Receive player news notifications after your lineups are built.
- Contests available to play everyday.
HOW TO PLAY
BUILD YOUR ROSTER
10 players will be selected in this format.
- Forwards x 5 (16-game limit per week)
- Defense x 3 (10-game limit per week)
- Goalies x 2 (4 game-limit per week)
- Goals: 10 points
- Assists: 5 points
- Shots on goal: 1 point
- Blocks: 1 point
- +/-: 2 points
- Saves: 1 point
- Goals Against: -5 points
- Wins: 10 points
- Shutouts: 5 points
Users can participate in a live snake draft to select your team. Contests can feature anywhere from 2-16 participants and last anywhere from 1-4 weeks. Entrants participate in a single-elimination, bracket-style contest. Prizes are paid out weekly, with the contest winner taking the majority of the prize pool.