NHL Player Stacks For Your Lineup This Week
When building a salary cap lineup, you will need to find the right NHL player stack to increase your chances of being in the pay zone. I have identified some of the stacks for this week and determined which one I prefer. Most of the time, you’ll only be able to fit a maximum of 2 different stacks in your lineup, so choose wisely which stack is for you.
Florida Panthers Stack
Line Stack // PP1
3 Games: @BUF, @PIT, VS. PHI
$73,500 TOTAL SALARY // 36.8% OF YOUR TOTAL SALARY
3 Key Reasons
- The Florida Panthers have the best record in the NHL and their offense is probably the biggest reason why. The Panthers’ offensive unit has been averaging 4.1 G/GP, which ranks them 1st in the NHL. The Panthers’ powerplay ranks 3rd amongst most attempts in the NHL with 177 chances. The Panthers have matchups against the Sabres who have allowed the 4th most goals in the NHL and the Senators who have allowed the 12th most goals against.
- Huberdeau should/will be in the MVP conversation for this season. The stud has an outrageous 75 points in only 54 games played, and recently snapped a 10 game point streak. Huberdeau is priced as the 19th player! There is definitely some great value in picking him for this week’s contest.
- Ekblad is ranked #4 among all defensemen for season average. He’s very consistent since he accumulates a lot of shots and blocks. Ekblad has only one game under 5 fantasy points in his last 13 games.
St. Louis Blues Stack
Team Stack // PP1
4 Games: @NJ, VS. OTT, VS, NYR, @NSH
$46,000 TOTAL SALARY // 23% OF YOUR TOTAL SALARY
3 Key Reasons
- The Blues have officially given the keys to Faulk on the powerplay. Faulk has an impressive 9 points in his last 10 games and a very nice +11 over his last 8 games. Faulk flourishes in the OwnersBox scoring system because he’s always been strong in the plus/minus category, he is +35 this season! The time is now to pick Faulk as he has some nice matchups and is producing a steady amount of points.
- The Blues talks have been: Ville Husso is the #1 over Binnington. Husso has been amazing as of lately, 10-2 in his last 12 games, and is carrying a 2.13 GAA this season. Husso is scheduled to start against the Devils and Rangers, the Devils haven’t seen Husso yet and the Rangers scored 4 on Husso recently. I can see Husso bouncing back against the Rangers, there’s even a chance the Blues play Binnington because they would prefer to see a different look. If the Blues go this route, we could see Husso start against the Sens or Preds.
- The Blues currently have the second-best powerplay in the NHL with a percentage of 26.45%.
Play Weekly Fantasy Hockey on OwnersBox for FREE using code “NHL10” for a $10 entry! Follow our NHL page for all the latest news and advice to crush your lineup this week.